You don’t get to be the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickups on the road by tampering with what works. You build on proven success. You make your best even better.
2020 CHEVROLET SILVERADO HD IS ALL-NEW
The all-new 2020 Silverado HD is the strongest, most capable Silverado HD ever, with class-leading technologies and an expanded range of customer choices.
The all-new 2020 Silverado HD is longer, wider and taller than its predecessor, with a wheelbase that’s been stretched 13.2 centimetres on Crew Cab models and is scaled for HD customers. It is available in five trim levels: Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ and High Country, offered across 22 cab, bed, chassis and driveline configurations.
There’s the legendary Duramax 6.6L V-8 Turbo-Diesel, making 332 kw and 1233 nm of torque, coupled with an all-new Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission.
In addition, every component on the Silverado HD, between the transmission and the wheels, has been upgraded to enable an increase in max towing capability — up up to 15.8 tonne (requires 3500HD regular cab 2WD with dual real wheels, available diesel engine and gooseneck hitch).
2020 Silverado HD highlights:
- All-new Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission is matched with the available Duramax 6.6L V-8 Turbo-Diesel engine for a 52 percent increase in max towing to 15.8 tonne on properly equipped models.
- Autotrac active two-speed transfer case on 4x4 models electronically controls “4 Auto” mode, allowing the truck to seamlessly shift between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive based on road conditions.
- Advanced Trailering System technologies and new transparent trailer view: The in-vehicle trailering system features an available total of 15 available camera views (requires an installed accessory camera), such as HD Surround Vision and other unique views including a transparent trailer feature to help provide added confidence when towing.
- HD-exclusive sculpted exterior design features the most differentiation from the Silverado 1500 ever — the roof is the only shared sheet metal.
- BedSteps feature and larger CornerSteps makes it easier to load or reach items in the cargo bed, which is designed to hold a pair of size-12 boots and up to 220 kg.
- Larger cab enables more spacious interiors with Crew Cab models adding about 7.6 centimetres in overall length.