Performax International imports, converts, and retails selected American performance vehicles. With more than 70 staff, Performax International has grown to be the largest importer and converter of these vehicles in Australia.
Performax provides a variety of fantastic career opportunities across the business, from sales staff, to engineering and management. Excellent opportunities exist for students, graduates and apprentices.
With two sites being operated, the manufacturing facility in Gympie and sales, service and parts facility in North Lakes (Brisbane), the dealership prides itself on the tenure of its employees, and strives to continually support and engage staff development throughout their careers.
To find out about our current vacancies, or to apply for a position please forward a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Reporting to the Program Manager the Production Engineer must be able to plan, direct and coordinate activities and employees on the production line.
Tasks - but not limited to:
- Support development of Work Instructions (WI) and Standard Repair Times (SRT) – studying functional statements, organisational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units, and to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs, and analyse work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation – Standard Repair Time (SRT) & Quality Book.
- Analyse workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data, and production schedules to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- Support Manager and Mechanical Engineers designing components, products for manufacture, and plant, providing design inputs and test.
- Develop and update Work Instructions (WI) & Quality Book (QA) - specifications for manufacture, and determining materials, equipment, material flows, capacities and layout for the assembling line.
- Develop and update Work Instructions (WI) & Quality Book (QA) – add to WI & QA Book standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- Follow up Production schedule - organising and managing project labour, and the delivery of materials to guarantee that assembly line production is efficient.
- Inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained.
- Be flexible to engage on production activities when necessary-requested.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience on vehicle conversion – LH to RH drive.
- Have previous experience as a production Engineer (Trainee accepted).
- Have a 'hands on' attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Live locally.
For further information, or to apply for the position please forward a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]